I tested an array of products and found PreSeries BULK to be the best pre workout for teens.
Most people worry about pre-workout supplements, often wondering whether they contain harmful ingredients. If that’s the dilemma you’re in, you’ve come to the right place. After assessing the safety of various supplements, we’ve come up with a list of the best pre workout for teens.
The PreSeries BULK tops the list. This bulking supplement contains ergogenic nutrients, including beta-alanine, L-citrulline, AlphaSize, and betaine anhydrous. All the key ingredients have strong scientific backing, and if you’re a dedicated bodybuilder, athlete, or gym-goer, this might be the pre-workout for you.
While PreSeries BULK is overall the best pre workout for teens, Gorilla Mode is the best pre workout for muscle building, Redcon1 Total War for the best flavors, Legion Pulse for the best stim-free pre workout, and Genius Pre Workout Powder for a great pump or for a vegan option.
Read on for an in-depth review of the best pre workouts for teens and other key muscle-building components.
- Is Pre-Workout Safe for Teens?
- Key Components of Muscle Building
- Best Pre Workout for Teens
- Best Overall – Transparent Labs PreSeries BULK
- Best For Muscle Building – Gorilla Mode
- Best For Flavors – Redcon1 Total War
- Best For Stim-Free – Legion Pulse
- Best For Pump/Vegan – Genius Pre Workout Powder
Is Pre-Workout Safe for Teens?
Generally speaking, pre-workout is safe for teens. A pre-workout helps you optimize performance and boost energy during a workout. It’s available in powder form, requiring you to mix it with water and in pill or liquid form. Pre-workout supplements contain various ingredients that enhance energy and strength, making them an ideal alternative to taking several supplements before hitting the gym.
As long as you choose a high-quality pre-workout and adhere to dosage instructions, the supplement is safe. Of course, you may experience some side effects, such as a tingling sensation, but these are mild and fade away with time.
As a teen, I would take pre-workout before a football game or a heavy workout to give me the much-needed boost, and I can say I never experienced any long-term side effects. What’s important to note is that you should consult your doctor before starting on pre-workouts. That way, you’ll get proper advice even as the doctor monitors the impact the supplement has on you or your teenager.
Key Components of Muscle Building
Building muscles entails much more than going to the gym. There’s much more to it. See, muscle building is more of science, especially in nutrition, even as you work out.
Some of the key components of muscle building are:
- Sleep: Sleep and recovery go a long way in reducing illness and injury. If I had to choose between an extra hour of sleep or a workout, I would go with getting extra sleep. Even as you build muscles, failure to sleep for at least seven hours will cost you.
- Protein: Diet is everything when building muscle. Depending on your bodyweight, you need a minimum amount of protein per day to prevent your body from entering a catabolic state. In this state a negative nitrogen balance will cause your muscles to shrink. In addition, ensure you eat enough carbs and fruits to keep your body in an anabolic (muscle-building) and constant-fed state.
- Hydration: If your performance is poor, your fluid intake is likely low. Keeping your body constantly hydrated also helps maintain your body temperature and prevents fatigue and premature cramps.
- Supplements: Other supplements that help with muscle building include:
- Protein powder: This can help you reach the protein levels needed in your daily diet.
- Creatine: Creatine is an amino acid that increases energy (ATP) production inside your muscle cells, significantly boosting your size and strength gains. It also helps to improve muscular endurance and recovery.
- BCAAs: Branched Chain Amino Acids are a top choice alternative to energy drinks and sodas. You can take these flavorful and healthy drinks intra- and post-workouts. BCAAs are great for muscle repair and recovery.
Best Pre Workout for Teens
Here’s a breakdown of the best pre workout for teens:
PreSeries BULK is undoubtedly the best of all the pre-workouts on my list. It contains 19 active ingredients in each serving (22.9 grams), which are scientifically approved and in clinically effective dosages.
The label is fully transparent in disclosing the nutrients and ingredients in PreSeries BULK. And all are beneficial in reducing fatigue, increasing focus and nitric oxide (the “pump”), decreasing muscle soreness, and enhancing physical performance.
For teens keen on building their muscles, going to the gym, or participating in athletics, this might be the best pre-workout.
- No Colored Dyes
- No Harmful Additives
- Evidence-based Doses of Nutrients
- No Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners
- Moderate caffeine dosage
- BCAA’s in formula, for muscle building
- Contains no creatine
- More expensive option
Gorilla Mode is our winner of the best pre workout for muscle building. This powdered formula gives you intense pumps and boosts your energy, laser focus, and performance. Gorilla Mode massively increases intramuscular hydration and nitric oxide levels, on top of strengthening your muscles and boosting your endurance.
The product contains the much-needed GlycerPump, L-Citrulline, Betaine, Creatine, and Agmatine, which help saturate your muscles with intracellular hydration and blood. Gorilla Mode also comprises high doses of N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate and caffeine-potent stimulants. Nootropics including L-Tyrosine, Huperzine A, and Kanna increase focus, energy, mental sharpness, and overall cognitive function.
Gorilla Mode is turnkey in everything it contains. That means you need not purchase any other supplements searching for other vital nutrients.
- Seven Flavors
- Effective Dosages
- Reputable Brand
- High Stimulant
- Effective dosages of ingredients
- Great Flavors (personally a fan of bombsicle and volcano blast)
- Massive pump and focus
- More expensive option than others on list
- 30g of powder if you use 2 scoops
Without a doubt, Redcon1 Total War is the best pre workout for teens in the flavors category. The product boasts over 20 flavors that you can choose from. My favorite is Strawberry Mango, although Blue Lemonade tastes great too.
Redcon1 Total War is rich in all the ingredients a teen requires, whether as an athlete, bodybuilder, or gym-goer. These include Citrulline Malate, Beta-Alanine, Agmatine Sulfate, Taurine, Caffeine Anhydrous, Ampiblast, Di-Caffeinate Malate, Cocophenals, Naringin, and BioPerine.
- Full refund if you’re unsatisfied with the product
- Third-party tested to be free of banned substances
- 21 flavors
- Great pump and boost in focus
- Great for beginners
- Some particles don’t dissolve fully.
- Not great for the long time pre workout user
Legion Pulse has an option of a caffeine-free pre-workout. Its lack of caffeine makes it the best pre workout for stim-free. The product contains large, effective doses of L citrulline malate, betaine, beta-alanine, and alpha gpc. All these ingredients are science-backed.
This naturally flavored and sweetened pre workout for teens will get you pumped and fired up, helping you tackle your workout with a lot of stamina. It enhances endurance and strength, enabling you to push more reps and weights, get better pumps (and bigger), and gain extra muscles.
- Made in the USA
- Great L-Citrulline Malate Dosage
- Guaranteed money back if unsatisfied
- Great pump
- Tastes good, but not great
- Good for building muscle
- Only 2 Flavors
Genius Pre Workout Powder is a certified caffeine-free pre-workout. It’s the best for vegans because it’s 100% organic. This formula is a nitric oxide boosting powerhouse, thanks to a strong combination of 6g L-Citrulline malate, ATP, and beta-alanine.
- Naturally sweetened and flavored
- Certified for sport
- Third-party tested for potency and purity.
- Three flavors
- 100% organic
- Great pump
- Caffeine Free
- Limited flavors
While most of these products are great for improving your workout performance, PreSeries BULK stands out. The product is safe with no banned substances or artificial sweeteners and flavors and is 3rd party tested. What’s more, it’s vegan-friendly. Transparent Labs is a reputable company. With everything you would want in the best pre workout for teens, this might be the product to go for.
If you would like to purchase PreSeries BULK, it’s quite easy. Find it at Transparent Labs BULK Pre Workout.