Energy drinks are exploding in popularity. I tried my first energy drink several years ago and was disappointed; I was looking for a better experience. A little research would help me determine which energy drink would be best. I realized that choosing the best non carbonated energy drinks came down to recognizing which ingredients I wanted to put in my body.
I tested many products on the market and found C4 Energy Non-Carbonated Zero Sugar Energy Drink to be the best energy drink without carbonation. The C4 Energy Non-Carbonated Drink was the perfect choice because I was searching for something to boost my energy during my workouts. I found myself tiring about halfway through my activities. My friends at the gym mentioned C4, so I decided to give it a shot.
C4 Energy Drink might only be for some. You will have to decide what results you want from your energy drink. Do you want a boost of energy to carry you through your afternoons, or are you searching for a powerful aid for building muscle? Some people might enjoy an energy drink that will keep them alert during the morning staff meeting.
We will discuss things you should consider when choosing the best non carbonated energy drinks now.
- Benefits of Non-Carbonated Energy Drinks
- Why Are Most Energy Drinks Carbonated?
- Best Non Carbonated Energy Drinks
- Best Overall – C4 Energy Non-Carbonated Zero Sugar Energy Drink
- Best for High Caffeine / Stimulant – C4 Ultimate Non-Carbonated Energy Drink
- Best for Casual Consumer – Celsius Fitness Drink
- Best for Moderate Caffeine / Stimulant – Monster Energy Hydro Super Sport
- Best for Light Carbonation – Ghost Energy Sugar-Free Energy Drink
Benefits of Non-Carbonated Energy Drinks
People that are focused on maintaining a healthy lifestyle should consider choosing non-carbonated energy drinks. Carbonation is not harmful, but carbonated drinks generally contain high sugar levels.
There are several brands of energy drinks that offer a non-carbonated version. You can enjoy the perks of an energy drink without the drawbacks that come with carbonation.
- No bloating
- Taste is more natural and chemical free
- Does not erode enamel
- Does not irritate the stomach
- No embarrassing belching
Choosing the best non carbonated energy drinks for your pre-workout regime will allow for the best results. Athletes can enjoy an energy boost without the gassiness and bloating that often comes with carbonated energy drinks.
Why Are Most Energy Drinks Carbonated?
Advertisements for energy drinks often state the drinks provide energy in the form of caffeine. Most energy drinks have high levels of caffeine absorbed by the stomach, and carbonation allows this absorption to happen much faster, although debated.
Most energy drink manufacturers recognize that consumers want an energy drink that works quickly. Consumers want a boost of energy when they most need it.
People prefer drinks with carbonation because they like the feeling of bubbles on their tongues.
Carbonated energy drinks work the fastest and are in higher demand.
Some companies recognize that consumers prefer the non-carbonated option, so they are also producing these.
Best Non Carbonated Energy Drinks
Here are the five best non carbonated energy drinks on the market.
This energy drink checks all of the boxes. It provides athletes with the stamina and hydration they need while working out, and C4 has no artificial colors, flavors, or dyes. This energy drink is sugar-free, so you don’t have to worry about that crash after consuming large amounts of sugar.
- Variety of flavors: Fruit Punch, Icy Blue Razz, Orange Slice, Watermelon
- Promotes muscle endurance
- CarnoSyn beta-alanine for explosive energy
- 200mg of caffeine in each drink
- Caffeine Anhydrous and Vitamin B12 for the boost of vitamins and caffeine
- Great burst of energy for workouts.
- Helps increase focus
- Reputable supplement brand
- Possibility of parathesia, a tingling feeling across your hands and face, caused by the beta-alanine
Serious athletes will appreciate the results of this energy drink, considering there is an astounding 300mg of caffeine per serving. Consumers should drink C4 as a pre-workout drink, and this non-carbonated drink is the most potent energy drink C4 has ever produced. After consuming C4, you can push your body much harder at the gym.
- Mood enhancers
- Pump amplifiers
- Endurance boosters
- 4 Flavors: Arctic Snow Cone, Fruit Punch, Icy Blue Razz, Orange Slice
- CarnoSyn beta-alanine to support endurance and fight fatigue
- 300 mg of caffeine for performance energy
- Great for a pre-workout drink
- Helps build muscle and maintain stamina.
- Must be consumed in moderation due to high levels of caffeine.
- Contains sucralose
Celsius Fitness Drink is an energy drink that provides energy without harmful ingredients. This energy drink contains 200 mg of caffeine, seven essential vitamins, ginger root, green tea extract, guarana seed extract, and biotin. It also contains chromium which helps control hunger.
Celsius Fitness drink can be used for a pre-workout drink, but is more focused on an every day consumer, due to their ingredient profile being more vitamins / health focused ingredients than fitness related ingredients. The variety pack offers a great choice of flavors.
- Vitamins B and C, green tea, and ginger to increase metabolism
- Chromium to stabilize blood sugar and control hunger
- Great variety of flavors
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- The only non-carbonated canned energy drink on this list (whether that is a pro or con for you)
- Contains sucralose
- Doesn’t contain as many flavor options as the others
Best for Moderate Caffeine / Stimulant – Monster Energy Hydro Super Sport
This energy drink sits comfortably at a moderate level of caffeine, with each serving containing 160 mg of caffeine. Consumers get all the benefits of a Monster energy drink without carbonation, making it an excellent choice for athletes searching for an edge but not looking for extreme doses of caffeine.
- B vitamins
- Natural flavors
- BCAAs for performance fuel
- Electrolytes for refueling
- Great energy boost
- Mood and attitude improvement
- 4 Flavors: Blue Streak, Killer Kiwi, Macho Mango, Red Dawg
- Can be expensive than other energy drinks
- Contains sugar
I know this list is for the best non carbonated energy drinks, but before I am attacked I have a reason for this inclusion. I have tried most of the canned energy drinks that Ghost offers and I have to say you don’t taste the carbonation. That fact and also the flavor profile that the company offers form their collaborations, I had to include it in the list. (if you are still mad at me, I understand, i’m just a big fan)
Ghost is proud of its full-disclosure labels offering total transparency to all consumers. Each serving has 200 mg of natural caffeine. This great product will help you focus and maintain energy levels throughout the day.
The Ghost Energy drink also has no sugar and no artificial colors.
- Carnipure L-Carnitine
- Neuro factor
- 200 mg of natural caffeine
- Alpha-GPC, L-Carnitine, and other brain-boosting nutrients to enhance focus
- Boosts attention and focus
- Zero sugars and no artificial colors
- 8 Flavors: Citrus, Orange Cream, Sour Patch Kids Blue Raspberry, Sour Patch Kids Redberry, Swedish Fish, Tropical Mango, Warheads Sour Green Apple, Warheads Sour Watermelon
- Some flavors leave a chalky sensation in your mouth
- Can be a more expensive option
Why Are Most Energy Drinks Carbonated?
The main reason that most energy drinks come as carbonated drinks is because primarily of popularity. Since their inception, carbonation in an energy drink has been enjoyed, so there hasn’t been much incentive to venture into other paths. There are also other reasons such as extended shelf life by using a pressurized can and more benefits in absorption with caffeine and carbonation. The increased absorption has been disputed with weak evidence and conflicting reports, as shown here.
Are Monster Energy Drinks Carbonated?
In addition to their extensive flavors of carbonated energy drinks, Monster also offers non-carbonated options. These would be their Monster Hydro, Monster Java, and Monster Rehab energy drinks.
Monster Rehab is a tea/lemonade energy drink with many different flavors and contains 160mg of caffeine in each can.
Monster Java is their coffee flavored drink and contains 200mg of caffeine, but more calories.
Are Red Bulls Carbonated?
Although Red Bull currently offers a sugar and sugar free option of their energy drinks in multiple sizes, they do not currently offer any without carbonation. There do not seem to be any plans for them to introduce such a product to the market either, unfortunately.
How To Spot Non-Carbonated Energy Drinks
The most effective way to see if an energy drink is carbonated is obviously to read the label/drink. Most companies usually emphasize and distinguish if an energy drink is non-carbonated, in comparison to ones that are. If you also see any mention of sparkling or carbonated water as an ingredient, it means that the drink is carbonated.
Another rule of thumb is that most energy drinks that are packaged in cans are carbonated, due to the pressure. Any energy drinks you see in a bottle will be non-carbonated because they cannot hold the required pressure for the carbonation. Obviously, there are exceptions, such as the Celsius drinks in this review, so take this rule of thumb with a grain of salt and still check the label to make sure you make the right decision.
Which Rockstar Is Non-Carbonated?
Rockstar does not offer many non-carbonated options with just their Rockstar Recovery energy drink line. It contains 160mg of caffeine per can and is offered in 4 different flavors: lemonade, orange, pineapple coconut, and mango lemonade.
Are There Any Sugar and Carbonation Free Energy Drinks?
There are many energy drink lines that are both sugar and carbonation free energy drinks, such as Monster Hydro, C4 Energy Drink, and Celsius (which were in our top 5 best non carbonated energy drinks above)
C4 Energy Non-Carbonated Zero Sugar Energy Drink is an excellent option for people who are serious about their workouts. Consuming C4 Energy Drink as a pre-workout drink provides that rush of energy that will have you lifting more and pushing your body to its limits.
People looking for an energy boost but aren’t keen on high levels of caffeine can try Monster Energy Hydro Super Sport. Moderate levels of caffeine will provide improved focus and attention.